Monday, December 27, 2010

Apple Pie Saves The Day.

Today I decided that I'd bake an apple pie. For Christmas I got new measuring cups and an awesome kitchen knife, and I've been chopping, slicing and dicing just about anything I can get my hands on. I have a completely foolproof and delicious recipe that I've already shared with a number of people, so now I think I will share it with anyone who happens to be reading this! I highly recommend this recipe, which is *technically* from Betty Crocker, but like all of my recipes, I have tweaked it a bit.

No-Fail Apple Pie

You Will Need

6 large Granny Smith apples
2 pie crusts (They can be homemade or store-bought)
2/3 C. white sugar
1/4 C. flour
1T. cinnamon
1T. butter, cut into 4 cubes

Preheat oven to 425 and peel and core apples. Cut into different sized chunks and slices. (Doing that makes for a really "thick" pie.) Put in a bowl along with sugar, flour, and cinnamon and toss to coat. Put 1 crust in bottom of pie pan, put in the apple mixture, and place the butter around the apples. Cover with top crust, make vents in the top (or else it will explode and blow the door right off your oven), and flute the edges. Bake for about 30- 40 minutes, or until apples are tender when pie is gently stabbed with a knife. Keep an eye on the pie! If it looks like the crust is getting too brown, cover it with a piece of aluminum foil. This will prevent excess browning.



Chopping apples into multisized bits with my awesome new, and much needed, knife.



Ready for the top crust. I forgot to put the butter in mine, but you should try not to forget.


The finished product! I used a cookie cutter to make a star-shaped vent in mine. Be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment